Monday, June 27, 2011

To the Nay Sayers

I know that everyone has thoughts and opinions on people in general joining the military and now me since I've put it out there. I knew that thered be a lot of nay sayers but I didn't think it'd get to me like it has. I guess I'm just sad that people haven't been more supportive.

For those that have asked/commented....

Chris is 100% on board. Yes there are been moments of doubt from both of us but he and I both know this is what's best for our family and he is on board and will always have my back. I supported him finishing his BA and he'll support me in joining the military and together we'll have a wonderful life.

Yes I'm 25, I don't feel like this is old but I guess some of you think it is. I am going in at a higher rank because of college so I'm not starting totally at the bottom. Plus there are a lot of people that go in with a college degree as well as you can join till your 42 so I'm no where close to that so I must not be that old. Guess I've got lots of time to have babies still but not to join the Army...funny how that works!

I don't think I'm crazy for joining the army in general or at my age. There are thousands of military families all over the world that make it work and if they can make it work so can we!

Yes I know were at war right now. Yes I know I'll get deployed. Yes I know I'll have to be away from my family. No i don't have kids so I'm not leaving them. Yes I want kids but all of you should know by now that I'm infertile that it's going to take a lot to have babies so I can't live my life anymore planning around kids, it's been almost 4 years of trying and we have none so we have to live our life and if God blesses us then we'll figure it out.

I know there are draw backs to joining just like there are drawbacks to any job, however what I do know is that I love the USA. I would do anything to keep living here and to keep those safe that I love. I will be making enough money to pay to the bills (more than were making now) I'll be able to finish my degree for Free, plus I'll have money for school for our children when we do have them. We need insurance badly, chris has had a couple seizures so he needs his meds and I have hypothyroidism so having medical care is important. Plus we do want kids and we do have fertility problems and that costs ALOT. We're to the point of IUI which is around $1000 a month with no insurance and as much as we want babies we can't afford that without insurance. The army will pay for a good bit of that. When we finally get pregnant the army will pay for me to give birth (thats if we can get pregnant in the next four years).

The army also gives me a lot of places to go when I'm done with my four years. I can stay in, I can move on to jobs that want you to have been in the military, I can go on to a job i'll then have a degree in. Or hopefully I will have kids by then and we'll have saved those four years that I can stay home. You many things are yet to be seen.

The military offers a lot of things we need and want. Chris and I are ready for a new life and a new start. We are very excited and ready to start this journey. We know that there will be hard times but if we can get thru a move, lost jobs, the loss of a baby, infertility, pushy family members then we can get thru this and come out strong and together! We love each other very much and can't wait for this next chapter.

I hope I haven't been to harsh or hurt anyone, i just needed to get out my feels and that is what this blog is all about.

Thanks for reading and for your support!

1 comment:

  1. Jennie, do what is best for your family!

    ReplyDelete